Hey Jack, are you doing something like revel8 for the upcoming festival? I
create hand process super8 works that are finished on video...would you be
interested in something like that? I have thought of finishing something on
super8, but most of my work requires intricate audio, and I've never
recently considered doing something silent. The last guy in the states that
striped super8 with magnetic soundtracks is long gone I think, plus I
remember my teacher Janis Lipzin at the Art Institute, who did tons of work
on super8, was somewhat frustrated with that guy's work (the mag stripes
tended to fall off given time). Anyway, just was excited when I saw your
post. I've never screened anything in a super8 specific program before.
Thanks!

-Charles

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Jack Sargeant <j...@jacktext.net> wrote:

> we try to facilitate screening EVERYTHING
>
> a regular part of Revelation is REVEL8 which is all about super8. the raw
> super8 stock is even provided to the filmmakers!
>
> also, last year we had Dirk de Bruyn do an expanded cinema performance on
> 16mm and (I think) super8. and we screened 70s grindhouse features on 16mm.
>
> we've also screened in a full dome and had machina works.
>
> 8mm is interesting, certainly we'd try to screen it in its original format
> if something was 8mm and we programmed it!
>
> help that helps
>
> Jack
>
> On 12/10/2011, at 1:27 AM, john porter wrote:
>
> > Thanks Jack,
> >
> > Call For Entries: Entry Form
> > SCREENING FORMAT:
> > (35mm, Digital Betacam, DVCam, DVD etc)
> >
> > In other words, no 16mm, 8mm or super 8 film?
> > John.
> >

> >> From: Jack Sargeant <j...@jacktext.net>
> >> Subject: [Frameworks] 2012 Revelation call for entries
> >> To: "Experimental Film Discussion List" <frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com

> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Just to let everybody know that our call for entries for
> >> Revelation Perth International Film Festival 2012 has gone
> >> live.
> >>
> >> http://www.revelationfilmfest.org/go/films/call-for-entries
> >>
> >> cheers
> >>
> >> Jack

Check my myspace page for my streaming films and info -
www.myspace.com/chadwickfilms
or facebook for updates on my upcoming screenings, etc. -
www.facebook.com/chadwickfilms