Programmers I know say that it is harder and harder to rent 35mm
prints. Studios try to offer blu-ray, or, better, 4 K files on hard
drives. Sometimes they don't make prints anymore. And archives, as a
result, are now overwhelmed with requests for prints, and are cutting
back and limiting how often they will send their prints out.

Sadly, we should probably be thinking about whether there are
improvements to 4K and digital projection systems that will get us
closer to the look of films that may soon not be available on film, or
are already unavailable.

Fred Camper
Chicago