In a message dated 2/17/2012 10:01:56 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
djte...@gmail.com writes:

And if  you think things might get 'better,' I think you're kidding
yourself. Because  this is all about forces that are much larger than our
little
experimental  film scene and have been rolling down the hills of history for
well over 35  years. (Of course film prints wear out, fewer and fewer print
stocks are  available, labs are closing down...)

So, what is too be done?

It's time to think outside the box, go back to square one, ask ourself
what REALLY matters here, and figure out how best to achieve those ends in the
real world of America  2012...

Way too cynical.

Plus, video isn't film, art has always needed benefactors, and who cares
what students think today? Any film student who resents film is a moron. Let
them study their videos.