In a message dated 2/18/2012 12:00:48 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
djte...@gmail.com writes:

FWIW, I  do not think such a discussion will proceed productively in the
typical email  mode of jotting off quick, one-line rejoinders. I suggest the
signs of the  times merit more considered replies

In other words, you don't like what I'm saying.

Most of these topics don't require much verbiage. Film is worthy, and so we
 should keep film around. It's really pretty simple.

If students don't like to view film prints, then the teachers should MAKE
them. Having no money is one thing, but this idea that the student
"audience"  won't watch 16mm is very easy to counter.

Most literature students these days don't like to read Victorian
three-deckers, either. So does that mean we pretend they don't exist, or
eliminate
them from consideration?