The Spider, the Mistress, and the Tangerine, by Marion Cajori and Amei
Wallach?

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 10:08 AM, Adam Hyman <a...@lafilmforum.org> wrote:

>  THE PAINTER SAM FRANCIS by Jeffrey Perkins
>
> There was a very good film on Louise Bourgeoise a couple of years ago, but
> I can’t recall the exact title.  Her name was in it though.
>
> Beatrice Wood: The Mama of Dada
>
> The new film on Marina Abramovic
>
> Filmforum is showing a film in a few weeks on music artists called The
> Reach of Resonance by Steven Elkins which I think works as a good model for
> a film on any artist.
>

> On 7/2/12 9:50 AM, "Salise Hughes" <salise.hug...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Derek Jarman's Caravaggio
>
> On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Thomas Dexter <thomas.dex...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>  "Joan Mitchell: portrait of an abstract painter" by the late Marion
> Cajori.
>
> On Jul 2, 2012 10:48 AM, "Vera Brunner-Sung" <vbs...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> GOLUB: LATE WORKS ARE THE CATASTROPHES is supposed to be interesting; I
> haven't seen it yet but you can find it on the internet.
>
> SIGNER'S SUITCASE and definitely PINA.
>

> Best,
>
> Vera
> Missoula, MT
>

> On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 11:53 PM, Shumona Goel <shumonag...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Dear Frameworks,
>
> My friend and I are working on a short film about a modern Indian
> painter.  We have been "commissioned" to make this film, so we are
> struggling with a number of issues.
>
> Although the painter is a great artist, and we have begun to admire his
> work, we would not necessarily make a film about him if it were not an
> opportunity to practice our form (film).
>
> I was wondering if you may be able to suggest films that have been made
> about artists for us to watch and learn how others have handled this tricky
> subject.
>
> Many thanks,
> Shumona

Salise Hughes
Artist, Filmmaker, Armchair Anthropologist
http://salisehughes.blogspot.com

Please support grassroots fundraising for artists projects. I am currently
seeking funds for my next film project Charade through USA Projects.
http://www.usaprojects.org/project/charade