It's actually not that hard to sync up 'wild' sound to transferred film footage
within a video editing program such as Final Cut or Premiere. First, make sure
you do sync claps at the beginning and end of each shot. Then modify the audio
duration and/or film duration to match one another. You'll be changing the film
duration anyway if you shoot at 18fps. I doubt there will be significant drift
within a shot if you get the beginning and end lined up right, but if there is
any, you can tweak it with audio edits inside the clip.

If you're going to wind up in video (e.g. DVD) the problem with shooting
lip-synch on Super-8 isn't the sync, it's the noise of the camera. Normal Super
8 cameras aren't blimped, and will be quite audible if you're shooting a dialog
scene for example. I don't have experience with the models that were designed
for using sound-striped stock - I would assume they're more quiet, but by how
much, I don't know.

Of course, you can always go full Hollywood, use your live recording as a
scratch track, create a homebrew ADR setup and post-dub the whole thing. (FWIW,
I don't recommend that. Very hard to get results that either fit the lip
movement or sound at all natural...)