for Mobile Homes:

Albert Brooks, LOST IN AMERICA, 1985

if we're going to do motorcycles too: wow, that would be a lot.  How about
riding lawnmowers?

But the car film really is a variant on the journey motif, right?  So we'd we
have to start, narratively,  with the OT book of Exodus, The Odyssey, the
Crusades, etc. sea voyages, and wagon trains west, etc. etc. through space
travel.  For the US, at least, the car, the open road, and such are part of a
myth of westward expansion, the Turner Thesis, etc.  Might be good to figure
out what is the master trope here, and then what the car  specifically
contributes to it.

Chuck Kleinhans