I don't think the 3M tape is made anymore. The 305 tape isn't the best, but it generally responds pretty well to heat. You may want to try getting a tack iron or something similar to press down the tape splice (just enough heat to "cure" the tape--not too much to burn the film).  It also may help to clean the film splice areas with alcohol before taping to remove any oily residue.  Using those two steps the 305 tape should stick OK.  good luck, Ed

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Paradis
Sent: Jun 10, 2013 1:56 PM
To: "FrameWorks@jonasmekasfilms.com"
Subject: [Frameworks] 3M 35mm Splice Tape

Hi All,

I am in search of clear, perforated 35mm splice tape for a specific reason and need specific results. I have used the 305 tape but the adhesive seems to not stick so well and the splices pull apart. In the past I used the 3M perforated tape that would stick great and never pull apart. I see tape listed as "Acrometal" 35mm perforated tape, but know nothing about it.

I'm curious if anybody has a roll of the older 3M tape around they would be willing to sell me, or know anything about the Acrometal tape.

Thanks, and Cheers

Adam