Dear All,

A local production company was giving away a 16mm Steenbeck editing table for
the cost of its removal so naturally I enlisted the help of three strong men
and brought it home and now it occupies a prominent place in my living room,
since it is impossible to get up the stairs or fit into any other room.  After
testing the unit it works fine and having only used hand-cranked reels up to
now this seems like pure joy.

However, I wanted to know if anyone can shed light on any of these issues in
order to make the machine practical for my personal use:

Has anyone turned one of these into a telecine unit (D.I.Y. or Steenbeck
factory)?  Approximate costs involved?

Has anyone made theirs S16 (viewing) compatible?  Approximate costs involved?

Any way to view neg. film stock as positive on the screen?

Any other new ways to put these machines to good use?

Appreciate your input!

Thanks,

Mark