Hey Chuck,

I was beginning to think that no one was reading the rape-revenge article,
given that the only person I'd met who had was Claire Henry, a rape-revenge
scholar from Australia whom I spoke to at the Chicago SCMS. But then I got the
nice note below this morning (I think it reflects well on both my input as well
as yours and Julia's/Jump Cut's). So I guess people are reading it! Thanks for
providing such a quality outlet--and good luck with the upcoming issue. I hope
to see you again in Seattle, where (knock on wood) I will be chairing a
rape-revenge panel.

Dave

Dear David,

I recently read your article "The rape-revenge film: biocultural implications"
and really, really enjoyed it. I've been puzzling over the paradoxical
attraction and strange emotional impact of this subgenre, and was thrilled to
finally get some solid answers. I work in a biocultural paradigm myself (I
focus on horror, primarily supernatural horror in literature) and am very glad
to meet a like-minded scholar with similarly twisted research interests! I'm
hoping to get a chance to meet you at some point in the future.

Best wishes,
Mathias

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mathias Clasen, MA, PhD
Research Assistant

Department of Aesthetics and Communication
Aarhus University
Building 1481, Room 436
Jens Chr. Skous Vej 4
8000 Aarhus C