All colour films can be processed in B&W chemistry to get a B&W image. I've not
really done much of it except for the odd time of a mistake when a colour short
end got mislabeled as B&W and the film was not as ancient as your stock. Why
don't you just process a snip test of your ektachrome? You'll want to push it a
stop for the age of the film and the image will still be rather flat compared
to a true B&W image.