+1 on Epson. My partner and I have a Powerlite 78, purchased in 2010.
Resolution is OK. I'd think that by now you could get a better one for what
we paid 4 years ago (600 usd, about). What has impressed me most about it
is the build quality and the absolute lack of any issues.

For solid group viewing in standard def, it's a fine machine. She uses it
sometimes at her workplace for media-supported meetings/conferences, and it
doesn't disappoint as a workhorse unit. It's very portable.

Isaac