There are many artist portraits among George Kuchar’s video diaries. A
particularly good one is his portrait of Robert Breer in “I, Of the Cyclops”
(2006). Available from the Video Data Bank, not online.

From: kate lain
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2014 6:16 PM
To: frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com
Subject: [Frameworks] artist portraits

Hi, frameworkers.  I’m looking for examples of portraits of artists and/or
their processes or their works — sculptors, musicians, poets, other filmmakers,
etc.  Really interested in hearing about non-standard, non-straight-doc,
artistic/artist-made films and videos about other artists.  Particularly keen
on short works.  Bonus points for ones available in some form online.  Thanks
in advance for any suggestions you might have!

All the best,
Kate

--
kate lain