You might want to check out pretty much every one of Marie Losier’s recent
films.  Also Jem Cohen’s recent “Anne Truitt, Working.”  Not sure if any of
these are online.

R.

On Feb 4, 2014, at 8:36 PM, Ara Osterweil
<aosterw...@hotmail.com<mailto:aosterw...@hotmail.com>> wrote:

Hi Kate and fellow frameworkers,
Marielle Nitoslawska's new documentary on Carolee Schneemann, Breaking the
Frame, is the best film about an artist I've ever seen. It's playing right now
(until Feb. 6) at Anthology Film Archives in NY. There is a facebook page you
can join if you want to keep up with other screening dates, perhaps closer to
you.
Don't miss it.
xx
Ara
Ara Osterweil
McGill University
www.araosterweil.com<http://www.araosterweil.com/>
________________________________
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 17:16:15 -0800
From: k...@katemakesfilms.com<mailto:k...@katemakesfilms.com>
To: frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com<mailto:frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>
Subject: [Frameworks] artist portraits

Hi, frameworkers.  I’m looking for examples of portraits of artists and/or
their processes or their works — sculptors, musicians, poets, other filmmakers,
etc.  Really interested in hearing about non-standard, non-straight-doc,
artistic/artist-made films and videos about other artists.  Particularly keen
on short works.  Bonus points for ones available in some form online.  Thanks
in advance for any suggestions you might have!

All the best,
Kate

--
kate lain