From: Herb Shellenberger <he...@ihphilly.org>
To: "Experimental Film Discussion List (frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com)" <
frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 13:38:38 +0000
Subject: [Frameworks] Films about painting as action/gesture

Hello all,

Here is something I've been thinking about lately: films/videos that show
the action of someone painting. For my project, I'm not really interested
in docs about painters discussing their work and their philosophies, but
rather films or documentation of artists in the act of putting "paint" to
"canvas", no matter how unconventional or abstract. Some mixture of
discussion and activity is fine, but the emphasis should be on the action.

I'm thinking about things like the film documentation of Yves Klein's
Anthropometries painting-performances or John Baldessari's Six Colorful
Inside Jobs, for example.

Thanks in advance for any help!

*Herb Shellenberger*
*Programs Office Manager*
[image: cid:image001.jpg@01CE5258.78B1F010]
3701 CHESTNUT STREET | PHILADELPHIA, PA 19104
phone: 215.895.6575   |  fax: 215.895.6562
email: he...@ihphilly.org | web: www.ihousephilly.org

--
Anna Swanson
360.970.6579