Title: Re: [Frameworks] Films about painting as action/gesture
BLACK AND WHITE FILM (Robert Huot)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNGpWHIYyZg

THE COUNTER GIRL TRILOGY (Courtney Hoskins)
EUROPA (Courtney Hoskins)
https://vimeo.com/7212179

Several by David Haxton, including:
PAINTING ROOM LIGHTS, LANDSCAPE AND ROOM, PAINTING IN OBJECT, BLACK AND WHITE DRAWINGS, and plenty of others
http://www.davidhaxton.com/films.html

MURRAY AND MAX TALK ABOUT MONEY (Roberta Friedman & Grahame Weinbren)
A brilliant film featuring a fragmentary background of David Wilson painting a wall different colors and layering it with newspaper.

EXILES (Al Razutis)
http://www.alchemists.com/visual_alchemy/film_amerika.html#exiles

DUFUS (Mike Henderson)

SAUGUS SERIES (Pat O'Neill)
(esp. opening sequence, finger traverses bottom of screen with paint on it)

OUR LADY OF THE ANGELS PART III: NEAR SLEEP (Chris Regan)
A neglected masterpiece, not very known outside L.A., probably.

a reverse take on the theme:
RESTORING THE APPEARANCE TO ORDER IN 12 MIN (Coleen Fitzgibbon)

Mark T