Dear Frameworkers,

For the last two years, I’ve been working with a friend on an experimental
narrative short (25 minutes) that is now finished.  It is a film about a
middle-aged woman’s attempts to understand and process her mother’s
dementia and death.  The film explores other ways besides the conventional
“classical” narrative to tell the story.

I’m writing to ask for your advice about festivals that might be interested
in such a film.  We will send it to women’s film festivals, of course, but
I’m wondering about experimental festivals that might be open to
alt-narratives.  I’d be happy to hear any festival suggestions that you
might offer—national and international.

Also, does anyone out there know of festivals that focus on "senior" or
"aging" issues?

Many thanks.

CC

--