Hi,

I haven't followed the whole thread, it just came to my mind, that these people
are selling variable shutter wheels for Bauer Super-8 projectors:
http://www.ffr-film.de/eng-bauer-.html
It's the 3rd ad "Verstellbare Flügelblende 2-3"
As you can see in the picture the 3 blind have to be adjusted manually,
but maybe the design can help working out something automized for the Eiki…

cheers
Bernd