We're pretty much lost the ability to make magstriped prints.

We have a long way to go before we lose the ability to make conventional
optical prints, although if all four available sound recording films go
away the quality of using another lab intermediate film in the sound camera
will be a bit poorer.

As long as we can make prints, somebody will be able to electroprint one-off
tracks.  These sound pretty dreadful, but they were very popular in the
seventies when only a couple prints would be struck on a 16mm production.
--scott