I'm not really surprised about the lack of interest in the motion picture
stocks, contributing $25 for a roll of 135  isn't as big contribution as $150
for 3 x super-8. And some small gauge shooters might be a bit reluctant to use
new "hip" things such as Kickstarter ;)

I myself though pledged $140, hoping to get the Collector box to try the film
in all different formats.

$250 000 is certainly doable -- maybe even easy to reach -- after all NEW55 was
able to raise $400 000 for a new (and rather expensive) bw type 55 instant
film: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bobcrowley/new55-film

Heikki