hmmm... interesting....

i've checked all the splices.  clean, smooth, double spliced, no residue or
tape goo...
the projector does not leak oil...
and i haven't had any seizing problems.

sadly it is not a motorized looper... i almost got one of those, but it was
booked before me....  so it's rollers are passive and the loop is being moved
entirely by the projector.

i do have one more print... clean and never before used.... but i'm not sure if
this looper has enough diameter to handle more film....

so hmmmm....

my guess is that the tightness of the loop itself is uneven... so....
i think i will add one more wind.... and if that doesn't do it.... then i'll
take the whole thing off, inspect the film, and reload.

for those of you who have used these, or other styles of loopers.... does it
usually take a few days to find the right balance?  or is it possible to get it
working at the initial time of install?

xoadc