All,

I wanted to call to your attention the current open-rank search for a tenured
or tenure-track professor in narrative filmmaking at (the) Ohio State
University.  This hire is the second position directly related to the nascent
Moving-Image Production Program, one of our Executive Dean’s signature
initiatives.  (My hire last year was the first position directly related to the
MIP program.)  The program is designed to teach students in four
modes—animation, documentary, experimental, and narrative—stressing the
connections between these modes.  The search committee is open to a broad
understanding of what narrative is or might mean, so I would encourage any of
you whose work engages with narrative in any way to consider applying.  The
full position listing is online here:

https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/4866

Columbus is a very interesting place, with a solid (and growing) experimental
film community and incredible resources including the Wexner Center for the
Arts.  I’ve been here less than a year, but I’ve found it to be a very
supportive atmosphere within the University and a stimulating environment both
inside and out of the the institution.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me directly.

Best,
Roger

p.s.  For those of you who are scholars instead of or in addition to makers,
note that we’re also hiring an avant-garde film historian in the Department of
the History of Art.  The listing can be found at the link below under History
of Art:

http://artsandsciences.osu.edu/facultypositions

Roger Beebe
Associate Professor