Matt

I'm wondering what you consider to be a foley studio? From what you describe it
sounds like you are planning an isolation booth (or two).

A real foley studio is a larger, soundproof room that typically has a floor or
"pit" with removable sections of flooring that expose different surfaces
(concrete, sand, dirt, linoleum etc) to primarily record walking, that can be
adapted for other uses. There is often a wall of closets containing a large
variety of props that can be used for creating sound effects.

Having had a facility with a foley floor I can tell you from experience that it
is a fun thing, and foley artists can be truly amazing to watch, but the
reality is that with today's budgets and workflow it is a space that is
generally underutilized (outside of "Hollywood" productions). Most sound design
these days is assembled on DAWs from a combination of stock and custom SFX
libraries, supplemented by the creativity of the sound designer using props in
the studio.

Best

Bill Seery
b...@mercermedia.com