To add to my friend Tara’s post about the great things going on at Visual 
Studies Workshop: University of Rochester regularly brings experimental 
filmmakers to Rochester to screen and discuss their work, and we have often 
collaborated with the Eastman House and Visual Studies Workshop on events. If 
you do arrange a screening at VSW, Roger, let me know and I’ll make sure we 
publicize the event to students and faculty at UR. 

all best,
Jason
--
Jason Middleton
Associate Professor, English Department
Director, Film and Media Studies Program
University of Rochester




On Dec 18, 2014, at 11:14 AM, Bernard Roddy <[email protected]> wrote:

> I like the slogan at the bottom there, Roger.  And my first encounter with 
> experimental film was of a Black Maria touring program that stopped at the 
> Visual Studies Workshop in . . maybe 1996 or 7!
> 
> Bernie
> 
> 
> On Wednesday, December 17, 2014 5:36 PM, Tara Nelson 
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> 
> Hi Roger -
> 
> I am the Visiting Artist at Visual Studies Workshop in Rochester, just down 
> the street from the Eastman House.  We would love to host you and your films 
> while you are here!  We can discuss the details off-list.
> 
> This offer goes for anyone coming through Rochester who would like to have a 
> screening.  Our space is informal (an old auditorium with folding chairs) but 
> our screenings of experimental work have been well-attended by an 
> enthusiastic audience.  We can screen 16mm, Super 8 or DV.  Projection is 
> done at audience-level, no booth, and we have experienced projectionists and 
> well-maintained equipment.  
> 
> Rochester is a great town for filmmakers!  Please contact me if you are 
> interested in showing your work here.
> 
> Tara Merenda Nelson
> taranelsonfilms.com
> 
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 6:10 PM, Roger D. Wilson <[email protected]> 
> wrote:
> Hello frameworkers!
> 
> I'm going to be in Rochester NY in early February to take some training at 
> George Eastman House and I was thinking I might try to screen some of my 
> experimental films while I am in town. Does anyone on this forum know of any 
> media centers or art galleries that might be interested in programming my 
> films while I'm in town? 
> 
> Thanks folks!
> 
> Roger
> 
> 
> Roger D. Wilson
> Film Scientist
> 613 324 - 7504
> [email protected]
> 
> 
> http://www.rogerdwilson.ca
> http://www.windowscollective.ca/
> https://www.facebook.com/people/Roger-D-Wilson/1289926661
> https://twitter.com/rdwbleachedfilm
> 
> 
> Without failure you can never achieve success. I have based my process and my 
> career as an experimental film artist on this statement; and I welcome it as 
> it pushes me forward as an artist to try something different, something new. 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> FrameWorks mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://mailman-mail5.webfaction.com/listinfo/frameworks
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> FrameWorks mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://mailman-mail5.webfaction.com/listinfo/frameworks
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> FrameWorks mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__mailman-2Dmail5.webfaction.com_listinfo_frameworks&d=AwIGaQ&c=kbmfwr1Yojg42sGEpaQh5ofMHBeTl9EI2eaqQZhHbOU&r=OBC-xnTeX2x9-WfOlBK0JisTHTNX33KrgUhLECqXL4I&m=Hd58fq1WP-FLqefmSs1CfngvS4X4pM4oOsJh9j9BmXg&s=7jZg42JbwFo1RtJB_YPFOSvIGSn29a3ZR8E0lyLoL_E&e=
>  

_______________________________________________
FrameWorks mailing list
[email protected]
https://mailman-mail5.webfaction.com/listinfo/frameworks

Reply via email to