Hi Sarah,

There was a post similar to this last year called "concepts of work" that
you might find in the Frameworks archive. I copied and pasted my response
here:

There's also Teching (Sam) Hseih's* One Year Performance 1980-1981 (Time
Clock Piece) *which I believe exists somewhere in 16mm format. Sam punched
a time clock on the hour every hour for one year in his studio. He shot one
frame of 16mm film for each time clock punch. He shaved his head at the
beginning of this performance - the time lapse/animated hair growth serving
as a record of the performance. I believe he was institutionalized briefly
right after this performance - he didn't sleep for more than an hour at a
time for one year... punching a clock several times a day is maddening
enough. A link explaining the work: http://vimeo.com/16280427

There's also this video I made a few years ago: https://vimeo.com/32584231
my body's still complaining about that labor..

Warren