From: Chris G <spy...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2015 11:29 PM
Subject: Re: [Frameworks] G3 B&W Neg and Reversal processing
Cc: Experimental Film Discussion List <frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>

                Christopher,

I realize that G3s do not produce the most consistent results and are kind of a
pain, but when they work I actually really enjoy this aesthetic. I wrote this
question because 90% of all responses re guarding inquiries about rewind tanks
are dismissive, and just say "get a Lomo." I know that they offer more
consistent results, I just happened to have been given a G3 and wanted to try
it with the stocks and chemicals I had on hand, there didn't seem to be any
specific times/temps about D-76 out there though it's frequently used in place
of D-19.

             I did about 16 winds on the 1st developer at ~22°C, 6 on the
wash/stop and then 8 on the bleach. It turned out the tank had a small leak
(which I noticed during the bleaching) so I threw it into a bucket at that
point, did my re-exposure and followed times for bucket processing then. I
didn't have positive results (literally). I had Fomapan 100 D8, 7222 and ORWO
UN54 short ends stapled together for a total of about 90'. It seems like the
ORWO yielded some image, but the film is so dense I can't tell if the reversal
process worked or not, I still have to splice them together and throw them on
my flatbed. I'm less enthused about the Morse now but I wanted to give it a
shot before telling people to get a Lomo :). I'm guessing I either lost too
much chemistry in the first developer or that I should have done something
around 20-22 passes with the D-76.

             In hindsight I had some doubts about whether or not my film was
emulsion out but I don't see how it could have not been from the way I would it
onto the reels. I may try again with a different tank at another time, but I
would probably process at a higher temperature to reduce the development time.
To have somewhat predictable results (desirable or not) with 1L of chemistry is
pretty exciting to me. I'm going back to the bucket for now.

             Christopher

On May 4, 2015, at 08:08, christopher nigel <     christophernige...@gmail.com>