yes exactly that’s what we did, but the mask wasn’t always 100% centered,
As a result, when zooming in, it shifted out of the center.
The person behind the camera didn’t take that too serious in the beginning, so
in some material the mask goes way out of center.
After seeing the first rushes we took more care and avoided the same mistake in
later material.
But I spoke to the lab, and since we are going to do blow-ups from 16 to 35,
they said that the horizontal position can be shifted a bit.
So I guess that is what we will do. I was also thinking about putting a mask
into that blow-up printer,
but since we expose from negative, the mask would need to be white (light) and
not black.
I guess there aren’t some many other options…
Bernd