When I show 16mm using an Eiki in my classroom, I use a guitar amp at the front of the room by the screen. There is a lot of buzzing when the film is not running so I unplug the cord from the projector, but when the knob is at 3:00 - in engaged mode and before the motor is running - there is no buzzing. The sound is good and loud, though not always perfect for that room.
Pip