Thanks for this, Steve. I agree that Decodings is a poetic masterpiece. I
showed it every semester for many years in my experimental film classes, and I
would rank it among the top ten found footage films ever. Decodings is where I
got the Confucius quote,“The way out is via the door; why is it that no one
will use this method?,” which I use as the epilogue for my essay “Secession
From the Broadcast: Leave the Culture Without Leaving the Country."