His 1997 Oscar broadcast "Tribute to Film Editing" montage (with Riverdance) is
truly unforgettable.

As I recall many clips consisted of a single shot -- so the only editing on
display was Workman's, not the Oscar-winning editors being feted.

Putting a line of Irish clog dancers in front of the screen added to the
brilliance, but the dancers were probably not Mr. Workman's idea.

A great Oscar moment.

Jeff Kreines
Kinetta
j...@kinetta.com