Hi Ken, and gang,

There are a few copies of this floating around online. I found this:
http://coronagraph.pastelegram.org/Poetry-and-the-Film-A-Symposium
<http://coronagraph.pastelegram.org/Poetry-and-the-Film-A-Symposium>

You’ll see that it’s actually called “Poetry and THE Film” (back in the day
they loved to put “the” in from of film, usually when they meant something like
“film as an art form”). And then there’s this, which is amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA-yzqykwcQ
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA-yzqykwcQ>

Sadly, though perhaps not surprisingly, Dylan Thomas and Arthur Miller come off
as jackasses, especially in their plainly misogynistic responses to Maya Deren.
Happily, and not at all surprisingly, Deren speaks brilliantly and brushes them
off. As I read it, she makes them look stupid, but I’m not sure that would have
been the response of a contemporaneous reader/listener. The start of Deren’s
statement in the middle of page 178 (this is from Sitney’s Film Culture Reader)
is particularly awesome.

Anyway, enjoy!
Best,
Jonathan