I guess we’re both confused. This diary is about George’s visit to Vallee’s
observatory in Mendocino in 1993. I would guess the telescope cost around
$100,000, but that’s what I want to confirm. I realize it’s a long shot, but
you never know who’s out there on Frameworks. I’ll send a still frame to anyone
who knows telescopes well enough to identify a make and model, or at least a
general class, of such instruments. Or who can recommend an amateur astronomers
website, although Vallee is no amateur.