Also keep in mind the Agfa/Wittner 200D is a polyester base. Some people
don't like risking it in their camera in the event of a jam causing damage
as well as the base being slightly thinner could affect critical focus. I
shot it in an Auricon CineVoice with a 25mm Lytar and had no issues.

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 11:28 AM, Sean Weitzel <panaf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I shot a roll of the agfa/wittner and had it processed at Dwayne's Photo.
> I was really unhappy with the green cast. I'm planning to try some old
> Ektachrome VNF thats been frozen since new. Anyone have experience with
> 7250 or 2283 and processing it as E6?
>
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 10:36 AM, Amanda Thomson <tea.ama...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Dan,
>>
>> I've also shot 3383 in camera.  The main thing to keep in mind (aside
>> from it needing lots of light) is that it's expecting the orange mask of
>> colour negative so it makes everything super blue if processed in E6 (1st
>> dev 1min, 2nd dev 2 mins, blix 2 mins, stab 30 sec).  You can put orange
>> filters in your camera to compensate.  Alternately if processed to negative
>> its orange.
>>
>> I've also used the Agfa/Wittner/Aviphot stock it's quite grainy, which
>> seems especially noticable when transfered digitally.  It has an orange
>> brownish leaning.  I'm curious to shoot some green now though.
>>
>> Amanda
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 4:00 AM, <frameworks-requ...@jonasmekasfilms.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Send FrameWorks mailing list submissions to
>>>         frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com
>>>
>>> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>>>         https://mailman-mail5.webfaction.com/listinfo/frameworks
>>> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>>>         frameworks-requ...@jonasmekasfilms.com
>>>
>>> You can reach the person managing the list at
>>>         frameworks-ow...@jonasmekasfilms.com
>>>
>>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>>> than "Re: Contents of FrameWorks digest..."
>>>
>>> Today's Topics:
>>>
>>>    1. 16mm E6 - Wittner vs. Agfa (Dan Anderson)
>>>    2. Re: 16mm E6 - Wittner vs. Agfa (Pip Chodorov)
>>>    3. Re: 16mm E6 - Wittner vs. Agfa (Scott Dorsey)
>>>    4. Elmo Xenon CX-350 (Michael Walsh)
>>>    5. Re: Elmo Xenon CX-350 (Francisco Torres)
>>>    6. Re: 16mm E6 - Wittner vs. Agfa (Ryder White)
>>>    7. Re: Elmo Xenon CX-350 (Michael Walsh)
>>>
>>>
>>> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
>>> From: Dan Anderson <bcfilmf...@gmail.com>
>>> To: Experimental Film Discussion List <frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>
>>> Cc:
>>> Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 11:48:37 -0600
>>> Subject: [Frameworks] 16mm E6 - Wittner vs. Agfa
>>> Hey all,
>>>
>>> Wondering if there are any E6 color reversal enthusiasts here that have
>>> used Wittner Chrome 200D and/or Agfa Aviphot 200D ??
>>>
>>> Looked for tests on YouTube, and the Wittner looks better, although
>>> it's hard to judge due to different types of footage and transfer
>>> qualities.. I'm interested in using it for optical printing and maybe
>>> in-camera... Hand-developing if I get ambitious.
>>>
>>> And for extra credit.. Anyone ever try using Kodak 3383 print stock in a
>>> camera?
>>>
>>> Thanks!!
>>>
>>>
>>> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
>>> From: Pip Chodorov <framewo...@re-voir.com>
>>> To: Experimental Film Discussion List <frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>
>>> Cc:
>>> Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 18:54:02 +0100
>>> Subject: Re: [Frameworks] 16mm E6 - Wittner vs. Agfa
>>> Hey Dan,
>>> Wittner repackaged Agfa's stock, so it's exactly the same stuff.
>>> This was originally designed for arial photography, perhaps for
>>> mapmaking or topography.
>>> Therefore it has a certain look and is especially receptive to green.
>>> I doubt it will look good in the optical printer (you will need a CTB
>>> filter because it's balanced for daylight). Hand developing is easy in E6.
>>> -Pip
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> At 11:48 -0600 23/01/17, Dan Anderson wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hey all,
>>>>
>>>> Wondering if there are any E6 color reversal enthusiasts here that have
>>>> used Wittner Chrome 200D and/or Agfa Aviphot 200D ??
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
>>> From: Scott Dorsey <klu...@panix.com>
>>> To: frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com
>>> Cc:
>>> Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 13:00:46 -0500
>>> Subject: Re: [Frameworks] 16mm E6 - Wittner vs. Agfa
>>> I think the Wittner and Agfa films are the same film off of one big jumbo
>>> that was released a couple years back.  When it is gone it is likely
>>> gone.
>>>
>>> 3383 is very slow but if you can stand one or two seconds per frame it
>>> could be interesting.
>>> --scott
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
>>> From: Michael Walsh <sliderulebl...@gmail.com>
>>> To: Experimental Film Discussion List <frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>
>>> Cc:
>>> Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 09:14:37 -0900
>>> Subject: [Frameworks] Elmo Xenon CX-350
>>> Hello All,
>>> I have a 16mm Elmo Xenon CX-350 projector. The amplifier is not working
>>> and I'm wondering where to send out for repair.
>>> Any leads appreciated!
>>> -Michael Walsh
>>>
>>>
>>> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
>>> From: Francisco Torres <fjtorre...@gmail.com>
>>> To: Experimental Film Discussion List <frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>
>>> Cc:
>>> Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 15:18:45 -0400
>>> Subject: Re: [Frameworks] Elmo Xenon CX-350
>>> where are you located?
>>>
>>> 2017-01-23 14:14 GMT-04:00 Michael Walsh <sliderulebl...@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>>> Hello All,
>>>> I have a 16mm Elmo Xenon CX-350 projector. The amplifier is not working
>>>> and I'm wondering where to send out for repair.
>>>> Any leads appreciated!
>>>> -Michael Walsh
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> FrameWorks mailing list
>>>> FrameWorks@jonasmekasfilms.com
>>>> https://mailman-mail5.webfaction.com/listinfo/frameworks
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
>>> From: Ryder White <ryder.wh...@gmail.com>
>>> To: Experimental Film Discussion List <frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>
>>> Cc:
>>> Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 11:21:08 -0800
>>> Subject: Re: [Frameworks] 16mm E6 - Wittner vs. Agfa
>>> Hey Dan,
>>>
>>> I've shot and processed a few rolls of the Agfa aviphot and like Pip
>>> says hand processing in E6 is very doable. I found it to be a pretty
>>> tolerant stock for that, but then again my QC is not very exacting so take
>>> that with a grain of salt.
>>>
>>> I know of a few people who have used 3383 as a camera stock, myself
>>> included, and it is worth experimenting with since it's so (comparatively)
>>> cheap. Rate it around 6 asa and treat it more like a tungsten stock. If you
>>> get outside in the bright sun with a fast lens you might be able to shoot
>>> it at something close to 24fps. It's also possible to cross process it to a
>>> positive in E6. Getting a standard, well-balanced image is not something
>>> I've been able to do with 3383 (could also be my processing, as mentioned
>>> before) but it's very well-suited to abstraction...
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> R
>>>
>>> On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 10:00 AM, Scott Dorsey <klu...@panix.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> I think the Wittner and Agfa films are the same film off of one big
>>>> jumbo
>>>> that was released a couple years back.  When it is gone it is likely
>>>> gone.
>>>>
>>>> 3383 is very slow but if you can stand one or two seconds per frame it
>>>> could be interesting.
>>>> --scott
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> FrameWorks mailing list
>>>> FrameWorks@jonasmekasfilms.com
>>>> https://mailman-mail5.webfaction.com/listinfo/frameworks
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
>>> From: Michael Walsh <sliderulebl...@gmail.com>
>>> To: Experimental Film Discussion List <frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>
>>> Cc:
>>> Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 10:25:14 -0900
>>> Subject: Re: [Frameworks] Elmo Xenon CX-350
>>> The projector and I are located in Anchorage Alaska
>>>
>>> On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 10:18 AM, Francisco Torres <fjtorre...@gmail.com
>>> > wrote:
>>>
>>>> where are you located?
>>>>
>>>> 2017-01-23 14:14 GMT-04:00 Michael Walsh <sliderulebl...@gmail.com>:
>>>>
>>>>> Hello All,
>>>>> I have a 16mm Elmo Xenon CX-350 projector. The amplifier is not
>>>>> working and I'm wondering where to send out for repair.
>>>>> Any leads appreciated!
>>>>> -Michael Walsh
>>>>>
>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>> FrameWorks mailing list
>>>>> FrameWorks@jonasmekasfilms.com
>>>>> https://mailman-mail5.webfaction.com/listinfo/frameworks
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> FrameWorks mailing list
>>>> FrameWorks@jonasmekasfilms.com
>>>> https://mailman-mail5.webfaction.com/listinfo/frameworks
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> FrameWorks mailing list
>>> FrameWorks@jonasmekasfilms.com
>>> https://mailman-mail5.webfaction.com/listinfo/frameworks
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>>
>> https://vimeo.com/amandat
>> http://www.irisfilmcollective.com
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> FrameWorks mailing list
>> FrameWorks@jonasmekasfilms.com
>> https://mailman-mail5.webfaction.com/listinfo/frameworks
>>
>>
>
_______________________________________________
FrameWorks mailing list
FrameWorks@jonasmekasfilms.com
https://mailman-mail5.webfaction.com/listinfo/frameworks

Reply via email to