Predictable negativity not withstanding....here are two recent test
shots with the new Logmar designed Kodak Super 8 camera, i.e.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq1vP0viRO8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23eNNss0ZFY

I have the original Logmar prototype Super 8 camera that the new Kodak
S8 cam is based on. Here is a rough sketch I did, i.e.

https://vimeo.com/180784477

Logmar is also developing a handheld 65mm camera with fold out 4K LCD
screen and under 25 lbs, Their camera designs are controversial for
the absence of an optical finder. Their Kodak contract saved their
tiny company which is essentially a two man (father + son) operation
based in Norway. But I look at it this way. I and others have invested
in the ongoing development of motion cameras. We have yet to exhaust
film's incredible potentials. Digital/analog hybrid camera engineering
is a product of our times. There is another project underway by a
Swiss engineer to build a self-blimped Super 8 camera that looks like
a miniature Arri 435.

Micheal Leblanc (DOP) just finished shooting a 90 minute Super 8
feature here in Toronto with Pro8mm Canon 1014XL w. MAX8 gates. There
are many more active Super 8 projects.

Shoot film!