Dennis,

Thank you for the information, that's very helpful. Great to hear the work
at EYE is so hands-on and rigorous. I am primarily interested in the
restoration side, but what's appealing about Amsterdam is the weight they
seem to give both areas. That said, I have a friend with an interest in
preservation and curation, so I'd be very grateful for recommendations on
any related schools and programs.

I'm also curious to know where graduates usually find related work after
the program. Essentially, how hard is it to find work in Europe, US or
elsewhere?

Cheers,
Michael

On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 2:34 PM, Dennis Doros <milefi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Michael,
>
> I'm not a graduate of the program and I can only talk on the Preservation
> side of the program, but I have great respect for the teachers -- Dr.
> Masson, Dr. Fossati, Professors Noordegraaf and Elsaesser. Also for
> Mark-Paul Meyer who's on staff. (The rest I don't personally know.) If you
> are looking at restoration, the advantage of the University (besides its
> excellent program) is that there are internship possibilities with the
> archives in the Netherlands, and they are some of the best in the world.
> Two of my favorites are the EYE Filmmuseum and the Netherlands Institute
> for Sound and Vision. Interns at EYE Filmmuseum have written many of the
> blogs at https://www.eyefilm.nl/collectie/collectieblog and they give you
> some idea of what the interns are doing there. The staff at EYE gives them
> very challenging work.
>
> If you're interested in the Preservation side and looking at the other
> schools, I can help you on them as well.
>
> Best regards,
> Dennis Doros
> Milestone Film & Video
> PO Box 128 / Harrington Park, NJ 07640
> Phone: +1 201-767-3117 <(201)%20767-3117> / Email: milefi...@gmail.com
> www.milestone.film
>

> JOIN OUR MAILING LIST TODAY!
> <http://milestonefilms.us3.list-manage1.com/subscribe/post?u=4a0b9e434a9f3e8603c29806e&id=f30d1906e2>
> Support us on Facebook
> <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Milestone-Film/22348485426> and Twitter
> <https://twitter.com/#!/MilestoneFilms>!
>

> On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 2:53 PM, Michael Bucuzzo <mbucu...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Frameworks,
>>
>> I was hoping to get some thoughts from folks familiar with the Preservation
>> and Presentation of the Moving Image master's program
>> <http://www.uva.nl/en/shared-content/subsites/graduate-school-of-humanities/en/dual-masters/preservation-and-presentation-of-the-moving-image-heritage-studies/preservation-presentation-of-the-moving-image.html?search=heritage&origin=5BOaRAofTjCccATraJp2XA>
>> at the University of Amsterdam.
>>
>> For anyone who's been through it, I'd love to get some general feedback
>> on the courses, connections with other institutions, post-program work, etc.
>>
>> Thanks for the help!
>>
>> *Michael Bucuzzo*
>> 978.478.7750 <(978)%20478-7750>
>> *Michaelbucuzzo.com <http://Michaelbucuzzo.com>*