Dear Michael,

A lot of people do go on to work at those two archives and elsewhere, but
honestly, I usually get to meet the students after they get jobs, so you
might want to get the information from the school itself.  The other school
that has that preservation/curation dual study is NYU's MIAP program. I
like their professors just as much and they have very cool history of
traveling yearly to foreign countries (especially in Latin and South
America) as a group to inspect, catalog, fix and re-can films. The only
disadvantage is the cost of NYC and NYU.

You also should be interested in the Association of Moving Image Archivists
<http://www.amiaconference.net/> conference. This year it's November
29-December 2 in New Orleans. It's not only a great education with some
amazing panels, but you also get to meet a lot of students and
professionals in the field. (Note that I am a bit prejudiced -- I'm a long
term member of AMIA and have held positions on the board.)


Best regards,
Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128 / Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: +1 201-767-3117 / Email: milefi...@gmail.com
www.milestone.film


JOIN OUR MAILING LIST TODAY!
<http://milestonefilms.us3.list-manage1.com/subscribe/post?u=4a0b9e434a9f3e8603c29806e&id=f30d1906e2>
Support us on Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Milestone-Film/22348485426> and Twitter
<https://twitter.com/#!/MilestoneFilms>!


On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 4:47 PM, Michael Bucuzzo <mbucu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dennis,
>
> Thank you for the information, that's very helpful. Great to hear the work
> at EYE is so hands-on and rigorous. I am primarily interested in the
> restoration side, but what's appealing about Amsterdam is the weight they
> seem to give both areas. That said, I have a friend with an interest in
> preservation and curation, so I'd be very grateful for recommendations on
> any related schools and programs.
>
> I'm also curious to know where graduates usually find related work after
> the program. Essentially, how hard is it to find work in Europe, US or
> elsewhere?
>
> Cheers,
> Michael
>
> On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 2:34 PM, Dennis Doros <milefi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear Michael,
>>
>> I'm not a graduate of the program and I can only talk on the Preservation
>> side of the program, but I have great respect for the teachers -- Dr.
>> Masson, Dr. Fossati, Professors Noordegraaf and Elsaesser. Also for
>> Mark-Paul Meyer who's on staff. (The rest I don't personally know.) If you
>> are looking at restoration, the advantage of the University (besides its
>> excellent program) is that there are internship possibilities with the
>> archives in the Netherlands, and they are some of the best in the world.
>> Two of my favorites are the EYE Filmmuseum and the Netherlands Institute
>> for Sound and Vision. Interns at EYE Filmmuseum have written many of the
>> blogs at https://www.eyefilm.nl/collectie/collectieblog and they give
>> you some idea of what the interns are doing there. The staff at EYE gives
>> them very challenging work.
>>
>> If you're interested in the Preservation side and looking at the other
>> schools, I can help you on them as well.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Dennis Doros
>> Milestone Film & Video
>> PO Box 128 / Harrington Park, NJ 07640
>> Phone: +1 201-767-3117 <(201)%20767-3117> / Email: milefi...@gmail.com
>> www.milestone.film
>>
>>
>> JOIN OUR MAILING LIST TODAY!
>> <http://milestonefilms.us3.list-manage1.com/subscribe/post?u=4a0b9e434a9f3e8603c29806e&id=f30d1906e2>
>> Support us on Facebook
>> <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Milestone-Film/22348485426> and Twitter
>> <https://twitter.com/#!/MilestoneFilms>!
>>
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 2:53 PM, Michael Bucuzzo <mbucu...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Frameworks,
>>>
>>> I was hoping to get some thoughts from folks familiar with the Preservation
>>> and Presentation of the Moving Image master's program
>>> <http://www.uva.nl/en/shared-content/subsites/graduate-school-of-humanities/en/dual-masters/preservation-and-presentation-of-the-moving-image-heritage-studies/preservation-presentation-of-the-moving-image.html?search=heritage&origin=5BOaRAofTjCccATraJp2XA>
>>> at the University of Amsterdam.
>>>
>>> For anyone who's been through it, I'd love to get some general feedback
>>> on the courses, connections with other institutions, post-program work, etc.
>>>
>>> Thanks for the help!
>>>
>>> *Michael Bucuzzo*
>>> 978.478.7750 <(978)%20478-7750>
>>> *Michaelbucuzzo.com <http://Michaelbucuzzo.com>*
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> FrameWorks mailing list
>>> FrameWorks@jonasmekasfilms.com
>>> https://mailman-mail5.webfaction.com/listinfo/frameworks
>>>
>>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> FrameWorks mailing list
>> FrameWorks@jonasmekasfilms.com
>> https://mailman-mail5.webfaction.com/listinfo/frameworks
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> *Michael Bucuzzo*
> 978.478.7750 <(978)%20478-7750>
> *Michaelbucuzzo.com <http://Michaelbucuzzo.com>*
>
> _______________________________________________
> FrameWorks mailing list
> FrameWorks@jonasmekasfilms.com
> https://mailman-mail5.webfaction.com/listinfo/frameworks
>
>
_______________________________________________
FrameWorks mailing list
FrameWorks@jonasmekasfilms.com
https://mailman-mail5.webfaction.com/listinfo/frameworks

Reply via email to