Hi all,

Recently I've been experimenting with doing lots of exposures using the
rewind crank on the bolex, combined with pixelation.  Specifically, a few
"base layers" of pixelation, alternating exposed and black frames, then
rewinding and doing that again 3 more times.  Then rewinding again and
fading in on top of that more exposures, but just regular shooting,
continuous takes, usually just shooting the length of the full wind.  I
think I did around 4 or 5 full rewinds, and an additional 4 partial rewinds
to reach specific places in the roll.

...and after what I thought was finally getting all the film onto the take
up reel, I open the camera to find the dreaded film "spaghetti".  I'm going
to develop some of what I managed to salvage from getting too overexposed
when I opened the camera, but I don't have high hopes.

Just wondering if anyone on here has experience experimenting with lots of
exposures on the bolex, and if you've been able to discern any sort of
"upper limit" before things just get too out of hand, if its feasible that
such a limit even exists (for who knows the exact cause of the malfunction,
could have nothing at all to do with all the rewinds).  I've shot many
films with double and triple exposures before with success, but I don't
think I've ever stressed the camera so hard as this past time, perhaps also
due to all the pixelation?  I want to try the experiment again but thought
I'd seek some wisdom out there before diving back in.

thank you,
an icarus too close to the sun,
Jimmy