This is from the AllRecipes.com website...
Delicious Chicken Casserole
SUBMITTED BY: DONNAPF1 "Chicken, soup, rice and sour cream make a meal everyone
likes. The first time I made this we had company for dinner. Everyone had
* 4 skinless, bone-in chicken breast halves
* 2 stalks celery, cut into thirds
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* 1 cup cooked rice
* 6 ounces sour cream
* 2 (10.5 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
* 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
* 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* salt and pepper to taste
* 2 cups crushed buttery round crackers
* 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Bring to a boil the chicken breasts, celery, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8
teaspoon pepper, and enough water to cover. Cover, reduce heat to medium low;
simmer for 35 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup liquid. Cool chicken, remove meat
from bones, and cut into bite-size pieces.
3. In a large bowl, stir together sour cream, soup, broth, celery salt,
onion powder, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix in cooked rice
and chicken. Spoon mixture into a 9x13 inch casserole dish. In a resealable
bag, shake together crushed crackers and melted butter. Sprinkle crackers over
4. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
Rhonda G in Missouri
Pen Pal, Friend, Mom and Chief Bottle Washer