>From the Hershey's website...
Ultimate Chocolate Brownies
* 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 2/3 cup butter or margarine, melted and divided
* 1/2 cup boiling water
* 2 cups sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet
* ONE-BOWL BUTTERCREAM FROSTING(recipe follows)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan or two 8-inch square
2. Stir together cocoa and baking soda in large bowl; stir in 1/3 cup butter.
Add boiling water; stir until mixture thickens. Stir in sugar, eggs and
remaining 1/3 cup butter; stir until smooth. Add flour, vanilla and salt; blend
completely. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan..
3. Bake 35 to 40 minutes for rectangular pan, 30 to 35 minutes for square pans
or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan
on wire rack. Frost with ONE-BOWL BUTTERCREAM FROSTING. Cut into squares. About
ONE-BOWL BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
2-2/3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Beat butter in medium bowl. Add powdered sugar and cocoa alternately with milk,
beating to spreading consistency (additional milk may be needed). Stir in
vanilla. About 2 cups frosting.
Rhonda G in Missouri
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]