>From the AllRecipes.com website...
Meat Lover's Burger
PREP TIME 30 Min
COOK TIME 25 Min
READY IN 55 Min
SERVINGS & SCALING
Original recipe yield: 2 servings
* 8 slices bacon
* 1/2 white onion, diced
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, or to taste
* 5 fresh mushrooms, chopped
* 1/2 pound ground beef
* 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
* 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
* 1 1/2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 egg
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1 malted wheat hamburger bun, split in half
* 2 slices tomato
* 2 slices Swiss cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Place bacon in a skillet over medium heat, and cook until brown and
crisp. Remove bacon from skillet and drain on paper towels.
3. Return the skillet to the heat and increase the temperature to
medium-high. Add the onion and garlic, and stir fry until the onion is soft and
the garlic begins to brown. Add the balsamic vinegar, and cook while stirring
for one minute. Add the chopped mushrooms, and cook for three additional
minutes. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
4. Finely chop 4 slices of the bacon (reserving the remaining 4). In a
medium bowl, combine the chopped bacon, ground beef, bread crumbs, Italian
seasoning, Parmesan cheese, mushroom mixture and egg. Mix well using hands.
Season with salt and pepper, and form into two patties.
5. Open the two halves of the hamburger bun on an ungreased cookie
sheet. Place one beef patty on each half, and cover each with one slice of
tomato, 2 slices of the reserved bacon and one slice of Swiss cheese.
6. Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until meat has cooked
~~~***Rhonda G in Missouri***~ ~~
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]