On 24 February 2012 11:27, Bianca Gibson <bianca.rachel.gib...@gmail.com> wrote:
>   - lab computer
>
> At Monash the IT lab computers dual boot windows and some distro I can't
> remember, but they keep that distro really out of date and don't even
> install dev tools on it in IT labs. One of my tutors last semester thinks
> it's so no one will use it so they won't have to support it. Given that,
> I'd expect active resistance to trying to get the tools we need on them.

Do any courses/subjects require the use of Linux?

If you can get a lecturer complaining to IT that the computers aren't
suitable for their subject, it would help. I think.

If Linux is not considered a requirement, then that is why they don't
maintain it.
--
Brian May <br...@microcomaustralia.com.au>