On 26 April 2012 11:53, Ben Finney <ben+freesoftw...@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> But, CyanogenMod isn't free software, remember; it has a higher
> proportion of free software, but is still very much a non-free operating
> system and AFAIK has all the non-free drivers as Android.

AFAIK, Android itself is 100% open source software, entire source can
be downloaded from git, modified, etc. I compiled it myself. Only
catch is you need non-free software to compile, it seems to require
Oracle's JDK 1.6, doesn't seem to work with OpenJDK (or JDK 1.7 for
that matter) - not that I tried very hard here to get it to work.

It is the add-ons to Android that are not open source. Very likely
CyanogenMod has a number of these extra pieces, like non-free drivers.

Big question is, will Replicant run on this tablet?

http://replicant.us/about/
--
Brian May <br...@microcomaustralia.com.au>