Hey all,

It came up today at dinner that possibly some people might be interested in
getting together for activities that are not strictly about discussing free
software.

Some ideas I have (off the top of my head) are:

* Basic game development. I remember at a previous Software Freedom day there
was a presentation somebody gave about all the mini-games he had made with
Pygame, and it looked a lot of fun. We could compete individually or work as a
team (some people on graphics, some on code, some recording sound effects and
sourcing/creating music, etc.). FYI, I'm a Python newbie but I have messed
around with the Pygame examples a little. I also suck at graphics but don't
mind trying. :)

* Creating some kind of short regular Free Software webcast or some such where
we could record technical presentations on things like "How to run SaaS
without giving up your freedom" (eg. a quick ownCloud tutorial/preview) and/or
news items such as "What's new in the world of free software?". Think of
something along the lines of the Linux Action Show, albeit shorter, and
focusing on free software as opposed to "Linux" and without all the RMS hate.

* LAN gaming using free software (eg, Nexuiz, Frozen Bubble, BoW). I'm always
up for that.

* Polishing free software for non-devs (performing usability studies,
finding and submitting bugs, writing/improving/translating documentation and
wiki pages, etc.).

* Android application development. eg. We've discussed improvements that need
to be made to F-Droid at previous meetings, so maybe we can work towards
identifying and adding more free software that currently only exists in the
Android Marketplace or Play or whatever they call it these days.

I imagine these kinds of activities might work best on a Saturday/Sunday
afternoon or something when there's more time, and people can stick around
for as long or as little as they want. I have no ideas for a venue at this
time. Is there any interest out there in any of the above, or does anyone have
any other suggestions?

Cheers,
Adam