On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 04:24:14PM +1000, Sven@GMX wrote:
> in regards to the games night mentioned at the last meeting, there is a
> live distro called lglive and comes in two flavours, one is DVD size and
> the other one CD size (suitable for children and older hardware).
>
> http://live.linux-gamers.net/?s=download

Thanks - this is a great starting point. If it had Alien Arena Reloaded it
would be even better, but that's probably not too hard to fix.

I do really like the PXE-boot option, and will have to get that working. I had
actually already considered the possibility of doing something like this, but
suspected it would be too time-consuming to implement. Perhaps not!

It would be great to know what hardware (if any) will be available on the day.
Will there be desktop computers at/near the venue we will have access to? What
about network infrastructure (Gigabit switches, network cables, etc.) that
people can plug into? Are there any venue policies that might prevent somebody
connecting a personal laptop to the same LAN as university/company
infrastructure?

Cheers,
Adam