On 7 January 2013 15:26, Sven@GMX <sven_andri...@gmx.net> wrote:

> On 07/01/13 13:42, Ben Sturmfels wrote:
>
> > If you can afford the time and cost, I'd definitely recommend attending.
> > Get your registration in quick though, tickets are nearly sold out.
> >

> All organized (I think as early as October last year ;-) and ready to
> go. I will fly in Friday after work to make the most of the w/e. I
> booked accommodation at the YHA which I think is quite reasonable and of
> good quality.
>
> Has anyone else organized to go yet?
>
> Sven

Hi Sven and all,

Yes, I'm going, have also been booked since October (usually an early
bird). I'm flying in on Sunday ready for early registration, didn't see the
point of getting into Canberra extra early with the required change of
accommodation.

As it's not my first LCA, I could be up for a spontaneous BoF while "Uncle
Rusty's guide to linux.conf.au" is happening or whatever it is called.

For the newcomers, it's a good idea to attend the above session (usually
Sunday around 6PM but check closer to the day), if it's your first LCA. For
the veterans, find some like minded (or unlike minded) delegates and
organise something at a nearby pub or cafe. Not sure where the nearest
cafe/bar/other beverage outlet would be to ANU.

Anyway, I'll step down from my soapbox...

Regards

George