On Wed, 8 Mar 2017 02:39:58 PM ja...@cleeland.org wrote:
> If the information is all that matters, wikileaks will release all
> information it obtains as soon as practicable and will do all things
> possible to ensure that they do not release information at times that just
> happen to suit partisan political interests. ESPECIALLY when those
> partisan political interests also appear to align with the partisan
> interests of the media star of wikileaks.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/zeynep-tufekci/wikileaks-erdogan-
emails_b_11158792.html

Jason, your analysis is insightful and well written.  But I disagree with this
paragraph.  The above article gives a clear example of the problems with a
"release all information" approach.  Releasing government information that has
no relevance to security (EG the amount of money spent on coffee and biscuits
for government employees) might be harmless, but releasing information on
citizens can be dangerous.  Releasing the addresses of most women in a country
has an obvious risk of facilitating stalking and rapes.