In plain english:

"WikiLeaks will provide technology companies with exclusive access to CIA
hacking tools it possesses, allowing them to patch software flaws, founder
Julian Assange says."

Source:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-10/wikileaks-offers-cia-hack-information-to-tech-companies/8341992

Q: does his motivations matter in this case? If so, why and, more
importantly, how much do the mptovations matter in comparison with the
(potential) vuln patching by their authors?

Adrian