GCC 3.0 is much more strict about C++ code than the other versions;
it follows the specification much more closely. I maintain a couple of
Debian packages, and they all inevitably required compile fixes for
GCC 3.0, most of which were backwards compatible.

The big one is when include files contain declaration for functions
that already exist in the header files.

Aubin