And then checked the tiled and it works fantastic, I got an error while changing tile:
---------------------
center none none noneheightmap2.png
TerrainSceneManager: Activated PageSource Heightmap
Error loading texture terrain_detail.jpg. Texture layer will be blank.
0.394775 30
seatravel: ../../../OgreMain/include/OgreAxisAlignedBox.h:197: const Ogre::Vector3* Ogre::AxisAlignedBox::getAllCorners() const: Assertion `!mNull && "Can't get corners of a null AAB"' failed.
Abortado
---------------

So it seems its missing that image somewhere, but maybe its an Ogre error, dont know really.
Please copy the terrain_detail.jpg from the Ogre terrain samples over
to materials/
I didn't want to include it in CVS, as we need a GPL version for that.

Done that, a bit different output, it didnt complain about missing texture, same crash:

-------------------
Opening /usr/local/share/games/freebooters/tiles/west
HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
heightmap2.png
  heightmap2.png
HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
center
center   heightmap2.png
HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
none
center   noneheightmap2.png
HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
none
center  none noneheightmap2.png
HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
none
center none none noneheightmap2.png
HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
harbour_med,Santa Catalina, 300, 30, 500
center none none noneheightmap2.png
JJJJJJJJJJJJJJ
center none none noneheightmap2.png
TerrainSceneManager: Activated PageSource Heightmap
0.180664 30
seatravel: ../../../OgreMain/include/OgreAxisAlignedBox.h:197: const Ogre::Vecto r3* Ogre::AxisAlignedBox::getAllCorners() const: Assertion `!mNull && "Can't get
corners of a null AAB"' failed.
Abortado

Need something done or a hand with something?
It would be nice if we had a little terrain demo for 0.2.2. We would
need five tiles:
It would be great if you could create five heightmaps like this. I'll work
on integrating the harbours in the tile descriptions next.

Ok. Il try to do it today.