Andriy Gapon wrote:
: > : Yup.  I couldn't remember if hw.usb.debug was a blanket statement for
: > : hw.usb*debug, so I also set hw.usb.ehci.debug, hw.usb.ohci.debug,
: > : hw.usb.dev.debug, and hw.usb.ums.debug to 1.
: >
: > For kicks, I just booted a kernel without any USB support at all, and
: > experience the same symptoms: the mouse is functional (well, appears to be,
: > anyhow) when the boot loader is active, but goes dark around when ACPI
: > starts to do its thing.
:
: Please also try to experiment with hw.pci.usb_early_takeover.

No love on that one, either: the mouse turns off at the same point in the
boot sequence.